Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Update: Father Charged With Murder


UPDATE:  Father charged with Murder 
Here is the prior analysis  with update below. Note what police say is his motive compared to the original analysis from April 2017 

The father released this statement through his attorney:

I am desperate to find my son, Aramazd Jr., and need the public’s help. I hope and pray for the safe return of my only child, my namesake, who has been missing since last Saturday morning, April 22nd,”

It is interesting to note that the language of concern ("desperate") regards the father, himself.  

It is also interesting that the boy is his "only child" and "his namesake", with emphasis upon the father, himself. (in both places) 

These references point to the father, not the son.  

If the attorney wrote this statement, it would show the attorney's concern is about the father, not the son.  

Note this subtle point:   his son is not missing ("is missing") but time is lengthened through "has been missing..." 


In the statement, Andressian Sr. said he last saw his son on Saturday morning at Arroyo Park near his South Pasadena home.

“There has been a great deal of speculation regarding the timeline around his disappearance. The last time I saw my son was on Saturday morning, the 22nd, at Arroyo Park near my home in South Pasadena. After breakfast Aramazd Jr. wanted to go to the park before we were to meet his mother for a custody exchange at 9:00 a.m.

Note the use of the name "Aramazd Jr." and not "he" after already introducing him as "my son."  

Andressian Sr. was later found passed out at the park; the child was reported missing by his mother after the two failed up to show up at an arranged meeting point that morning, authorities said.

The passive voice employed here is of concern.  It does not begin with the pronoun "I":   


Missing 5-year-old Aramazd Andressian Jr. is seen in family photos released April 24, 2017, by L.A. County sheriff’s officials.
“In one moment, I was at the park with my son, and then I found myself waking up in Huntington Memorial Hospital hours later. I was told that a good Samaritan found me unconscious on the ground near my car, with young Aramazd nowhere in sight. I can only speculate that I must have been attacked in the park, given my unresponsive state and subsequent physical condition.”

Note no concern for the child, but lots of details about the father.  

Even with an attorney prepared statement, the focus is not on the missing child.  

For training in Statement Analysis, please visit www.hyattanalysis.com 


LOS ANGELES (AP) — Investigators suspect the father of a 5-year-old California boy who has been missing for two months killed the child after a family outing at Disneyland in a plot to get back at his estranged wife during a bitter separation, Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said Monday.
The body of Aramazd Andressian Jr. has not been found and investigators would not release specific details of what led to the filing of the murder charge, but said there is strong circumstantial evidence in the case to prove the boy was killed by his father, Aramazd Andressian Sr.
"I am confident the evidence proves Mr. Andressian committed this horrible crime," Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said.
Investigators have been searching for the missing boy since his father was found passed out in a large park in South Pasadena on April 22. Sheriff's officials say the father had taken prescription pills and was found in a car doused in gasoline in what they say was an attempt to take his own life.
The boy was last seen leaving Disneyland with his father around 1 a.m. on April 21. Investigators believe Andressian killed his son a short time later and then drove about 145 miles (230 kilometers) later that morning to Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara County. Sheriff's homicide detectives have searched the lake twice in the past few months, using dogs and a dive team to help in the search.
Andressian, 35, was arrested Friday by sheriff's homicide detectives and federal agents in Las Vegas because he was "becoming a flight risk," Los Angeles County Sheriff Jim McDonnell said. He's being held there on $10 million bail.
Andressian changed his appearance and had been socializing while living out of a Las Vegas hotel for 47 days, conduct characterized as inconsistent with that of a grieving parent, said sheriff's Lt. Joe Mendoza. Investigators also believe Andressian was planning to leave the U.S. and flee to a country that does not have an extradition agreement with the U.S., Mendoza said. Officials declined to identify the country.
Detectives believe Andressian killed his son in an attempt to get back at his estranged wife for their "tumultuous" relationship, Mendoza said.
Andressian's attorney, Daniel Nardoni, has said his client "is adamant that he never harmed his son Aramazd and is innocent of the charges." Nardoni did not immediately respond Monday to an emailed request for comment.
Andressian is expected to appear in court in Las Vegas on Tuesday for an extradition hearing and will likely be brought back to Los Angeles by the end of the week, prosecutors said.

"My heart is shattered and I will miss my son immensely each and every second of every day for the rest of my life," the boy's mother, Ana Estevez, said in a statement released by the sheriff's department.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...


When people use phrases like "never harmed his son", when the concern is much worse (murder), is that minimization deceptive or a natural response? If someone accused me of murdering a family member, I could easily imagine myself saying "I never touched him/her" even when innocent.

Anonymous said...

He used "I" seven times. What is that rule again?

I originally thought him guilty at "I can only speculate..."

Louise said...

I often read statements where deception is indicated and think it's exactly how I would phrase something. .....

Unknown said...

its hard to say ok

Anonymous said...

He plead guilty to murder in August

http://ktla.com/2017/08/01/aramazd-andressian-sr-pleads-guilty-to-murder-charge-in-killing-of-5-year-old-son/

Tania Cadogan said...

Published: 08:05, 1 August 2017 | Updated: 22:57, 1 August 2017

A California man pleaded guilty Tuesday to killing his 5-year-old son after a family trip to Disneyland set off a two-month search for the boy's body.

Prosecutors say Aramazd Andressian Sr., 35, killed his son, Aramazd Andressian Jr., to get back at his estranged wife Ana Estevez while they were going through a divorce.

After investigators repeatedly combed the area surrounding Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara County, they found the boy's remains on June 30. It remains unclear how he was killed or what evidence linked the father to his death.

Andressian Sr. made national headlines in June when he cracked a joke during his extradition hearing. A police officer also said his behavior was inconsistent with that of a grieving parent.

On Tuesday, Estevez was surrounded by sobbing family members as she wept in the front row of the courtroom while holding the urn with her son's ashes.

Andressian Sr., who wore yellow jail scrubs, entered the plea to first-degree murder in Los Angeles County Superior Court in Alhambra.

He previously pleaded not guilty to a murder charge and was being held on $10 million bail.

Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators believe the boy was killed in the six-and-a-half hours after he left Disneyland and headed to Lake Cachuma about 150 miles away with his father on April 21.

When Andressian Sr. failed to hand the boy over during a planned custody exchange on April 22, Estevez reported her son missing.

Officials believe the 35-year-old had attempted suicide after he was found alone the following day in Arroyo Seco Park, passed out from prescription pills in a car doused with gasoline.

While Andressian Sr. was unable to account for his son's whereabouts, investigators believe the murder was 'pre-planned' and motivated by the divorce from Estevez.

Investigators searched the area surrounding Lake Cachuma several times before the boy's remains were finally discovered on June 30.

Officials have not explained what led them to find the body, and how the boy died.

Andressian Sr. was arrested and released when police didn't have enough to keep him behind bars.

He later moved to Las Vegas, where Lt. Joe Mendoza said his behavior was inconsistent with that of a grieving parent.

'I can only speak for myself. If my son was missing, I would be doing things that (the boy's mother) was doing. Circulating fliers, looking for your son,' Mendoza said. 'He was not doing that. He was socializing in Vegas.'

Mendoza also said: 'He has not been cooperative, whatsoever.'

Investigators also noted that he lightened his hair and appeared to be making plans to travel outside the country in order to avoid extradition.

But Andressian Sr. appeared carefree and made national headlines when he cracked a joke during his extradition hearing in late June.

The judge informed him that California authorities had 30 days starting Tuesday to claim him, but 'obviously given the media they're going to come pick you up'.

Andressian Sr. smiled and then laughed when he said: ''They'll probably take me with them!'

Estevez spoke to NBC4 after the bizarre court appearance and said: 'No justice in the world will bring my Piqui back,' Estevez said, using her son's nickname. 'However, Ara will pay tenfold for all that he has done.'

She also released a statement saying: 'My heart is shattered and I will miss my son immensely each and every second of every day for the rest of my life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4748944/California-father-accused-killing-5-year-old-court.html

Anonymous said...

Why is OK for liberals to accuse anyone who condemns Antifa of being a hate group sympathizer? I actually jist told one moron that mu uncle almost died fighting ACTUAL NAZIS, I have his flag, and I dont appreciate Antifa attacking people carrying American flags and chucking the flags on the ground. But according to them that makes me a Neo-Nazi sympathizer.

Anonymous said...

Its like yes youre right...I live in a Northern state, well-educated...yes youre right liberal moron I am a secret KKK member or sympathizer. Its so retarded I cant take these liberal MORONS. I actually told him I have never met a single person who likes the KKK.